Marrakech to Ourika Valley day trip
Marrakech to Ourika Valley day trip
This one day journey from Marrakech to Ourika Valley will take you to the heart of the majestic Atlas Mountains. Only 60 kilometers from Marrakech, you will discover the Berber mountain lifestyle and culture, Ourika Valley, and the visit of Setti Fatma town and its waterfalls.
During this mountain tour, admire the Ourika River from its origins to the gates of Marrakech, and enjoy a stroll from the little town of Setti Fatma, crossing individually the minor waterfalls, towards the heart of Ourika Valley, which is rooted in the Atlas highlands.
Explore the plethora of plant species that occur on the red floor of the Ourika valley, and don’t pass up the opportunity to meet the macaque in its natural habitat.
Enjoy the freshness of the water cascades, the variety of light in this location, and capture great images. Then unwind with a tasty Berber Tagine at one of Ourika Valley’s numerous traditional eateries.
The journey into the valley’s charm is the best activity for discovering the splendor of the High Atlas Mountains without having to climb too high.
Highlights of a Day Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley
- Take in the breathtaking scenery of the Atlas Mountains.
- Visit the settlement of Setti-Fatma.
- Waterfalls in the Ourika Valley.
- Berber home in the traditional style.
- Markets that are traditional.
Itinerary of the 1-day excursion from Marrakech to Ourika Valley
This 1-day journey from Marrakech to Ourika Valley will take you to one of Morocco’s most beautiful valleys, complete with waterfalls. Located around 30 kilometers south of Marrakech and approximately one hour by car from Marrakech.
We will travel across the Haouz plain and sink all the way down the Ourika river, where water is plentiful all year, on our route to the high Atlas.
During our day excursion, we will visit a Berber family who will open their home to us so that we may learn about the Berber way of life and experience their customs and local culture. We will also make many stops to photograph the Berber communities nestled in the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains.
We will continue across the valley, stopping to see a local Argan oil co-op owned by local women. Later, continue to the end of the road at Setti Fatma village, about 1500 m above sea level, where you will have the opportunity to discover the most picturesque and lovely settlements of Setti Fatma.
There, we shall find many Setti Fatma cascades. After some trekking, we’ll return to the town for a delicious traditional meal at a local restaurant by the river.
Finally, Morocco Marrakech Tour Agency provides a large range of cars and comfortable minivans with skilled drivers and operators to discover the region’s strong points and beauty.
What the price includes and excludes
The price includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at/from your lodging.
- Transport by private contemporary car with air conditioning.
- English-speaking driver/guide with prior experience.
- Car Gas.
Price does not include:
More information about the Marrakech to Ourika Valley Day Trip
– Walking shoes that are comfortable, such as athletic sneakers. This journey calls for long sleeves, long trousers or skirts, and a heavy jacket. – Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
– Vegetarian options are available; please specify at the time of booking if you want them.
– Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase)
– You will get your booking confirmation at the moment of booking.
NOTE: Please get in touch with us so that we can customise the trip to your particular needs and preferences.